Monday, December 26, 2016

Advent Calendar Day 26

Happy Kwanzaa!


Now I must say I know very little of Kwanzaa, so I'll share with you the Wikipedia entry I read--as well as Seven Interesting Facts about Kwanzaa.




And the gift today is a couple of my favorite quotes by Maya Angelou.


1 - “I’ve learned that making a ‘living’ is not the same thing as ‘making a life’.”


 2 - “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.”



3 -  “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”


4 - “First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.”


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the info on Kwanzaa - had not looked up what it's history was (my bad) so interested to see how long people have been celebrating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I am not that familiar either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the quotes... I really like the first one, it seems very appropriate with what's going on in my life right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for introducing Kwanzaa to me. :-)

    And those quotes are great. I do believe they're true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I learned something new. :-)
    I love the quotes. :-)
    Meow

    ReplyDelete