Friday, June 13, 2014

Dis, Dat, and Da Other

Once again, this is not the post I had intended to write for this week, but there have been a slew of little updates, and I'm deep into Fair Play right now, so maybe we'll just do it this way.


Speaking of Fair Play, here's a little bitty snippet...






“Have you read the book?”
“No.” Elliot grimaced. “I forgot about it, to be honest. After he got that agent, he never really talked about it again. I figured nothing had ever come of it -- until he suddenly had a book deal and the damn thing was going to be published.”
“So you have no idea what’s in it?”
“Zero idea.”
“Any guesses?”
“He’s always talked about stirring people up, rattling a few cages. Christ knows what that means. He might mean cages in general or he might have a few specific cages in mind.”
“How much of a badass could he have been? I know he got a certain amount of notoriety from a string of arrests, but he never did any major jail time and he never made the Most Wanted list.”
“I know. I can’t imagine anyone reading the thing, let alone feeling threatened enough to kill him over it.”
“You could ask to read it.”
 “True.”
“The cops will ask to read it.”
“I wouldn’t bet on it. The prevailing theory is that this is just another right wing nut outraged at the idea of a high profile leftist memoir.”
“It’s not a bad theory.”
“No, it’s the obvious theory, but I can tell that’s not what Dad thinks.”
“But he’s not telling you what he does think.”
“No.”
Tucker slid between sheets and groaned with relief.
Elliot tossed the report aside and leaned over him. “Welcome home, sailor.”
They kissed.
“What a long ass voyage,” Tucker muttered.






Fair Play is now available for preorder at Amazon. Hopefully soon at other places as well.


Also now available for order is the print edition of Fair Game. Remember, this print edition is an experiment for Carina Press, and therefore the clock is ticking as to how long it will remain available.


In other news, Stranger Things Have Happened, the Adrien English CYOA novel is now -- AT LONG LAST -- available for Kindle. Yes, it does have those gorgeous (black and white) illustrations by Catherine Dair.


And finally, a bit of good news for audio book lovers, This Rough Magic narrated by Jordan Murphy is now up for sale at Audible. (It should soon be available at iTunes and Amazon.) Regular viewers may recall that Jordan was the narrator who came in second place with voters during the Armed and Dangerous vocal death match.


Oh! I almost forgot. Next week is the release of the Male Male Contemporary Box Set from Carina Press which includes stories by LB Gregg, Libby Drew, KC Burns and me. (My story is Icecapade.) This is a great way to sample some excellent M/M stories from writers I'm pretty sure you'll really enjoy.


And I think that's it. I will be very hard to find on line for the next couple of weeks while I plow through the rough draft of Fair Play, so if I am slow in responding, the good news is I'm writing one of your most requested stories.
 



23 comments:

  1. Great! You're writing and there are snippets to be read! All is good in the world of the Fanyons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful way to start the morning with This Rough Magic in audio :-) I simply adore this story. And! a snippet from Fair Play! Thank you, Josh! such a great week of books! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, KC! I'm so engrossed in the research on this one that it's hard to tear myself away!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Once that tune is in your head, you're done. :-D

      Delete
  4. Here's to productive and creative writing time. Fingers crossed that the Muse plays the game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that I'm a converted audio book fan, i'll be purchasing This Rough Magic
    We will miss your presence but it's for a good cause. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my hero, plow away. I hope you can enjoy it a little bit. I will miss you and go now and comfort me by purchasing This Rough Magic ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that snippet! I am one of the ones who has been waiting not so patiently for this book. So if we must live without you for a bit, it's all for the greater good. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. With ebook, print, and audio releases abounding, plus you deep in writer mode, I can only assume all is well in your world, at least I hope so. May it all continue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Already have This Rough Magic, and A Ghost of a Chance waiting to be heard on the Kindle. At the risk of sounding greedy, "Please Sir, can I have some more?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! I've been hoping that Fair Play would be about the book no one expected would ever be finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book is causing Elliot and Tucker a world of trouble.

      Delete
  11. Busy, busy. I don't know why I am always amazed at how much you have going on. I enjoyed the snippet. You are the joy that keeps on giving :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time of the Season by the Zombies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my favorite song by them was "She's Not There." Very enigmatic.

      Delete
  13. Thanks for this :) I'm really looking forward to Fair Play!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I placed my order for the PB of "Fair Game", hope they get a ton of orders, I much prefer a PB copy of my favorites. Can't wait for the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does well. I put in an order for a few copies to have on hand for giveaways.

      Delete
  15. Hola, Josh:
    I just heard that Stranger Things Have Happened is a game book. What a fun and original idea. And the Catherine Dair’s illustrations are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Muchas gracias por pensar en toda la gente de habla hispana y haber traduccido uno de tus libros al español ya que hay mucha gente como yo que le gusta mucho esta literatura y no puede acceder a ella por no saber ingles, espero que lo hagas mas ha menudo ya que a todos nos gustaria seguir leyendo tus historias, un abrazo muy fuerte y gracias nuevamente por el esfuerzo

    ReplyDelete